Dorset OPC

Tarrant Rawston

Dorset OPC

St Mary's Tarrant Rawston
St Mary's Tarrant Rawston

Tarrant Rawston is a small village on the river Tarrant about three miles north east from Blandford. The village has two large farms, Rawston Farm and Down Barn Farm with a mixture of tied and private residences and a population in 2007 of about 50 people.

The church of St Mary's is of several periods, the nave is 14th century, the sout porch porch and chapel were added in the 16th century; the north chapel was added in the 18th century and the west gallery in the 19th century. St Mary's became redundant in the early 1970s and is now privately owned.

The OPC for Tarrant Rawston is Julie Browning


Census Census 1841-1891, 1901
Parish Registers Baptisms 1731-1880
Marriages 1732-1840
Burials 1731-1880
Postal Directories Tarrant Rawston Directories
Other Records List of Rectors 1311-1853
Extracts from Hutchins
1807 Poll Book
Photographs
The small water mill at Tarrant Rawston in summer and winter
© Julie Browning 2006
Other information
Maps The 1891 Ordnance Survey maps of the parish can be seen at the old-maps site, just enter 'Tarrant Rawston' under place search.
For modern location maps visit: www.multimap.com

Records held at the Dorset History Centre
[Ref PE-TTR]
 
Registers
Christenings 1814-1957. Marriages 1760-1810, 1815-1894. Burials 1815-1894.
Registration District
(for the purpose of civil registration births, marriages, deaths & civil partnerships)
1 Jul 1837-30 Jun 1956: Blandford
1 Jul 1956-31 Mar 1974: Poole
1 Apr 1974-17 Oct 2005: North Dorset
   
   
   

OPC PAGE

Visitors to Dorset OPC

shopify site analytics

Privacy Policy

Copyright (c) 2017 Dorset OPC Project