Dorset OPC

Tarrant Hinton

Dorset OPC

Tarrant Hinton is most famous nowadays for the Great Dorset Steam Fair; about 5 miles north of Blanford on the main road to Salisbury, Tarrant Hinton no longer has a village pub, shop or Post Office. The church dedicated to St Mary is in the Old English style with an Easter Sepulchre dating to the reign of Henry VII and a font and piscina of a Norman date. The church was restored in 1891and the registers date from 1545.

Left: St Mary's, Tarrant Hinton (Courtesy Jan Hibberd 2010-2016)



The post of Online Parish Clerk (OPC) is currently vacant
If you would like to volunteer for the role, please contact the OPC Project Co-ordinator
Contributions of additional resource materials for the site are always welcome


Census 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891
Church Data Baptisms 1545 -1699 & 1700-1812
Marriages & Banns 1545-1812
Burials 1545-1812
Directories Kelly's Directories
1855
, 1867, 1875, 1880, 1895, 1935


Post Office Directory
1855
, 1859, 1889, 1911, 1915
Other Records Protestation Returns 1641
Photographs For Photographs of Tarrant Crawford, Hinton and Keynston.
Monumental Inscriptions St Mary's Monumental Inscription index [Jan Hibberd]
Maps The 1891 Ordnance Survey maps of the parish can be seen at the old-maps site, just enter 'Tarrant Hinton' under place search.

   
Links

OPC PAGE

Visitors to Dorset OPC

shopify site analytics

Privacy Policy

Copyright (c) 2017 Dorset OPC Project